Library Director Position Open
Located between Champaign and Kankakee, the Gilman-Danforth District Library serves over 3,000 people in two townships in East Central Illinois with an annual budget of $175,000. The full time library director (40 hours a week) supervises 1 full time Assistant Director, 4 part time Library Assistants, 3 “as needed” Library assistants, and 1 part time Clerical staff member.
The 7,500 square foot library was built in 2002 and is completely handicapped accessible. A community room serves as a meeting place for a number of organizations and community events. The library is fully furnished with electronic equipment for staff and patron use. There are well-established programs for infants, children, and adults.
· Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree in Library Science preferred
· Experience in fiscal management and planning and grant writing
· Ability to work well with library staff, trustees, and community groups
· Thorough knowledge of current trends, technology, and best practices for public libraries
· Knowledge and experience with Children’s programming a plus
Please send letter of application, resume, and three references to:
email@example.com or by mail to Gilman-Danforth District Library, ATTN: Hiring Committee,715 North Maple Street, Gilman, IL 60938-1747 by April 15th, 2019.